Let's Find Your New Home
Search for Real Estate in and around Comox Valley
Gardeners Delight! This Charming Rancher in central Courtenay has been extensively updated. The 2 bed 1 bath home has a new gas furnace, new roof, new gutters, new drywall and insulation and the list goes on. In addition to the living room is the family room which could easily be used as a 3rd bedroom or office space. The backyard has several fruit trees as well as raised garden beds with a variety of fruits ...
Tired of spending quarantine in a little box? Time to start being self sufficient! This 2.3 acre property has everything you and your family will need to start enjoying life the natural way. The 4 bed, 2 bath home has 2500 square feet of living space to spread out in, all while looking out at beautiful mountain views. Chicken coops, garden area, dog run, two car garage and the list goes on. Updated windows an...
3D Tour, COVID ready. Retiring or first time buyer? This 3 bed 2 bath Rancher sits in a very central location of Comox. Walking distances to Schools, Shopping, Restaurants and more. Lots of updates already completed including tile shower in the Master ensuite. The open concept lends itself perfectly for entertaining as the Living room, kitchen and Patio all flow together. The back yard is fully fenced on this...
Welcome home to Piercy Creek Estates! Enjoy main level living in this fantastic end unit townhome with 9' ceilings and open concept kitchen, dining and living room with beautiful hand-scraped engineered hardwood floors. Sliding glass doors take you out sunny, fenced backyard with southwest exposure and gate access at the side. Kitchen has maple shaker cupboards, composite sink and includes fridge, stove and d...Listed by RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (CX)
Great opportunity for a first time buyer to get into the market, or as an investment property. This 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house is steps from Starbucks, the Thrifty's Complex, and most other amenities. Zoning is MU-2, so look into how zoning allows use of the property as a residential dwelling or for a business, or for both! Ally access in the back. Some updates have been done; the kitchen cabinets and flooring.Listed by Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Well maintained larger 3 bedroom 3 bathroom duplex in the preferred Puntledge Park neighbourhood. Flooring has been updated throughout, custom blinds added and some new lighting and plumbing fixtures. The 1528 sqft home has room for everyone with a spacious master bedroom and four piece ensuite, breakfast nook large enough for a kitchen table, or use the family room off the kitchen for a formal dining area. T...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Courtenay
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015